Packing slips vary depending on your business and product however most will include:
- The name and address of the sender.
- Destination of the shipment and the name and address of the recipient.
- Reference number.
- Quantity and description of each item included.
- Item number and often price of each item shipped.
- In some cases, the packing slip will also include information regarding additional charges, associated with each item such as shipping/handling charges, taxes applied and payment method. Packing slips are often the basis for custom controls and charging of the value of transported goods.
Each shipment should be accompanied by packing slips in order to make it easier for your customers. Packing slips are used by customers as gudes when unpacking their order. If something is missing from the box or container, customers cross-check it with the packing slip and then alert the sender.
A quick way to prepare the packing slip is to use B2BGateway Warehouse Support Site (WSS). After receiving the EDI 850 Purchase Order, the packing slip will be generated automatically on the site which can be saved as a pdf file, ready for priniting and/or sending electronically to your customers.
If you are not using B2BGateway’s Warehouse Support Site (WSS) please contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (401) 491-9595 to increase your efficiencies and speed in your supply chain processes.