EDI on its own is highly beneficial to a business by making the supply chain more efficient and in turn, increasing your ROI. The value of a fully-managed EDI Solution comes from the provider’s knowledge of the EDI industry, providing a dedicated EDI setup team, and the ongoing maintenance and support.
There are several kinds of EDI solutions that vary in the amount of work required from you:
- EDI Tool/Software: An EDI tool/software will require you to build, map, and maintain the EDI solution internally; what you’re buying is access to the tool. Support may be offered at a higher pricing tier, but you’ll be expected to maintain your compliance with your trading partners EDI requirements yourself.
- EDI Setup Only: Some EDI providers may setup your solution for you, but will not maintain it over time leaving you to maintain compliance with your trading partners’ EDI requirements yourself.
- B2BGateway’s Fully-Managed EDI Solution: The value of B2BGateway stands out in the EDI world because we offer a complete EDI solution:
- B2BGateway provides a dedicated implementation and support team to set up your EDI data connections with minimal effort required from you.
- After your solution is setup B2BGateway will support & maintain it at no additional cost. Any EDI standard updates or compliance requirement updates mandated by trading partners are handled automatically.
- B2BGateway builds fully-customizable EDI solutions optimized based on each of our individual client’s needs.
EDI solutions are described differently by those in the EDI industry. B2BGateway’s goal is, and always has been, to minimize the amount of effort required so you can focus on running your business. In order to know if an EDI provider will maintain your solution by handling updates and changes from trading partners, it’s important to pay attention to how the provider describes their support structure rather than what they call their solution.
B2BGateway strives to maintain the highest quality of support for our clients. Don’t take our word for it though, read what our clients have to say about us:
If you have any questions about B2BGateway’s fully-managed EDI Solution or if you’re wondering how your existing solution could be improved, please reach out to our sales team.
Phone: (401) 491-9595 x5