So, you have recently signed up as a vendor for Tesco – fantastic news and you are excited to get started and get those orders rolling but now you need to be EDI compliant. Let’s take a look at this in a bit more detail:
What is EDI?
Tesco requires two documents for EDI Requirements:
- Purchase Orders (Eancom 850)
- Invoices (Eancom 810)
How does it work?
Here at B2BGateway, we are the “middle-man” between you and your Trading Partner (Tesco).
When Tesco places an order for your product, we take that order and translate it into a format compatible with your accounting system/ERP (QuickBooks, NetSuite, Acumatica, Xero, etc.) and import it directly into your system – eliminating the need to manually handle the order.
When you need to send that all-important Invoice back, it’s as easy as creating it in your ERP/Accounting Software and we automatically take this invoice, convert it back to Tesco’s specifications and input it directly into their system. It sounds easy but in actual fact, it is extremely complex. Don’t worry though…we do all the heavy lifting. Our system connects us to all major ERP systems and we are integrated with over 25,000 Trading Partners across the world.
Why use EDI?
There are many benefits to having an EDI & API Connectivity solution set up between you and your trading partner:
- Many trading partners now require an EDI Connection in order to be able to Trade with them – it is mandatory
- EDI eliminates Manual Data entry
- EDI eliminates Human Error
- EDI is a cost saving method of being able to communicate with your preferred Trading Partner
So how much does it cost?
B2BGateway is the only EDI provider that lists pricing on their website. Pricing is based upon a number of factors including:
- What ERP System you are using
- What trading Partner you are connecting to and how many documents are being sent between you and your trading partner
For further information on our EDI & API Connectivity solutions, please visit www.b2bgateway.net
B2BGateway contact information:
+1 401-491-9595 // US HQ
+353 61 708533 // European HQ
+61 280037584 // Australian HQ