Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology (IT) related discipline or Certification/Experience in Computer Software and Hardware fields.
Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Corporate Headquarters in Hope Valley, Rhode Island.
To be determined.
$55,000 – $73,000 (Based on experience)
B2BGateway is looking for a high energy, friendly and engaging individual who takes pride in the company. The position requires an individual who possess time management and organization skills in order to complete critical tasks in a timely manner.
Some travel to our Brockton, MA office will be necessary to support transition of the data center. Possible travel to our Ireland or Australian offices may be required in the future. This individual will occasionally need to be available for after-hours emergency related hardware and software issues for both our Rhode Island and Brockton sites.
- Report to the VP of Infrastructure Development and supervise Junior IT specialist.
- Infrastructure Support:
- Work with VMWare 5.0 instance and other virtual hosts to maintain virtual machine infrastructure and configuration.
- Provide server maintenance and support.
- Monitor IT Infrastructure (Hardware and Software).
- Monitor Application Performance Management.
- Analyze and report to management on emerging market trends.
- Support and maintaining production systems and services.
- Work with 3RD party software/hardware providers and support.
- Evaluate possible solutions for future needs and negotiate pricing.
- User support:
- Interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including technical support teams, application developers and system owners across the enterprise.
- Provide technical support and maintenance of installed applications software.
- Implement, configure and test new product versions with end users.
- Interact with end users and software vendors for troubleshooting installation and implementation issues.
- Communicate problems and resolutions to superiors to improve services delivery.
- Document and maintain detailed knowledge systems.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Provide troubleshooting and maintenance of pre-existing programs.
- Monitor and respond to system events and alerts such as Critical Process Monitor emails, MultiProcessor crashes, and Network related problems.
- Work with management on implementing new data in the next year.
- Organize data center in Hope Valley facility while maintaining and updating hardware inventory in order to meet the best possible needs of the company.
- Industry certifications a plus:
- VM Ware
- Data Storage
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external parties.