International software development firm specializing in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) seeks C# Programmer to support our growing client base of EDI users. This employer does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Corporate Headquarters in Hope Valley, Rhode Island
Different shifts available between 7am and 9pm.
Salary is based on experience.
- C# Programmer works with Senior Staff and Project Managers to develop software that fulfills the requirements of client projects and assist with other development tasks to meet the needs of the business.
- Must be able to gather requirements and recommend solutions to problems facing the business or clientele.
- Will work individually, and as a team, to create new projects, provide troubleshooting and maintain existing programs.
- Must assist in the development of Configuration Management and Quality Assurance (CMQA) procedures for software development/maintenance.
- May need to provide telephone and e-mail support to customer base, business partners, and internal staff.
- C# Programmer should be able to read existing code, troubleshoot, and update programs while maintaining data structure and functional integrity.
- Will need to communicate closely with our customer Support Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science or computer programming. Work experience not required but is a plus.
- Applicant should be familiar with .Net programming and Visual Studio.
- MUST be able to learn new programming languages including Winbatch to support legacy programs
- Must have a working knowledge of database technologies including the ability to read and write SQL Queries.
- Working knowledge of Linux and open source technology (LAMP) is a plus. Knowledge of IIS and Webserver technology such as WordPress is also a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, and work well with other staff including less technical departments.
- Must have good time management skills and excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to Multi-task and prioritize tasks according to their deadline.
- Must be secure with asking questions in order to gain the knowledge and understanding of the tasks at hand.